Sunday, May 2, 2010

The week in review 4-25-10 to 5-2-10

The whole point of this blog is to keep family and friends up on what's going on with me.
so, I'll try to start posting these on a halfway regular basis.

The Week in review:
Sun-Tues I was sick and did nothing but whine about being sick and eat skinny cows to soothe my throat.

For the moment, I have quit pilates and dance (time and money have been issues lately), so I did not attend any movement classes and i was too sick to do more than about 5-10 mins of stretching at home every day.

Thurs was dining out for life, which benefited our sister agency, AIDs AL, but I forgot to go.

Friday, I led a "staff development day" for work at the Botanical Gardens. I brought my Husband and some of my other experienced gamer friends and acquaintances (Joe, tony and Sarah) in to help me teach the staff board games. We played Pandemic and then, after a great lunch provided by Mitch at Medtown, Tony from the Gamealogical Institute came in and led us in the GI Gaming Triathlon followed by a brief discussion of how the games we played relate to our lives at BAO. Feedback from all was very positive, everyone said they had a great time, and we gave away some great prizes including copies of scarabs and scorpions, "fickle finger of fate" spinners donated by Joe and these adorable notebooks from a talented artisan on etsy.

Friday night, I was cranky and stressed because I had spent the better part of the morning lost and because it was my beloved co-worker, Ashley's last day, so I went to the thrift store and bought some new jeans, a dress for arty party, and some other random things and felt much better.


Saturday, I spent crazy amounts of time, and silly amounts of money buying supplies to make rings and work on other jewelry projects. I visited Michael of Cosmic Folklore at his work bench at The Bead Biz in Helena and he showed me some progress on a project he has been working on. Saturday night, Chris and I played Dungeon Lords.

The plan for today is to go get lunch and then play ping pong at bumpernets.

That's all for today. See you next week maybe?

No comments: