Sunday, September 12, 2010

Painting from 9-7-10



The inspiration for this was... don't know. Originally, I wanted to cover up something colorful with shades of grey and black, which I did. I made some veiny/nervy looking jaggedy lines all over the blank canvas in bright colors, dried them with the hairdryer and then started putting white, grey, black and a very light grey/blue all over the page so and then scraped it with the ruler like I normally would for the background of the picture. Then, I kapt adding blue and pink and yellow accents by walking my fingers all over the one edge. Then, I tried to create a splotch or a puddle of dark/muddy colors in the middle and it didn't quite look the way I intended--I wanted a void in the middle of the page but it. SO then, I scraped a heart into the cloud and it just evolved from there.
The words on the picture are from this song:



This is probably one of my favorite paintings and it really really wandered waaay away from the original idea, but somehow still has the same essence.

No comments: